lot # 9 - holyland forerunners austrian post offices
Petach Tikva Jewish colony 1909 issue stamp, denominated 14 Para Block of 4 (Ba#J-1), MH & OG. This adhesive was used as a surcharge applied to mail, for the forwarding fee to the Austrian post office in Jaffa; the Austrian post in the Holyland exclusively handled the mail from the Jewish colonies and settlements. The stamp was in use for only a year, between 1909-1910, owing to the disapproval of the Ottoman Turkish authorities who ordered its usage stopped.
The Romano Sale House was established in early 1998. After years in the stamp business, as Images/Auctioneers and sole suppliers of LINDNER philatelic accessories in Israel, Romano Sale House has... Read More