Spinner, Francis E., Lincoln's Secretary of the Treasury. A total of three free franks on three different colors all-over advertizing for 36th Congress House of Representatives envelopes, one with just his signature, one mailed to Woodstock CT and the third mailed Little Falls NY, the two mailed with 1861 Washington DC Free c.d.s., great ephemeral material for Lincoln collectors, Very Fine.
Estimate $500 - 750
Sale 709 US, British and Worldwide Stamps and Postal History
By: Daniel F. Kelleher Auctions
Daniel F. Kelleher Auctions Sale 709 US, British and Worldwide Stamps and Postal History
"Flagship" sale with over 2000 lots of U.S., British and Worldwide stamps and postal history, featuring:
- The Stanley J. Richmond Holdings, Part VI
- The Dr. Chalmers E. Cornelius, III, Collection of Germany and Area
- The "Deacon" Collection of United States and Possessions
- The "Good" Family Collection of United States stamps
- The "Best" Family collection of Canada and B.N.A.
- The Maurice Whitney Collection of United States Stamps including Newspaper and Revenue Issues