1935 “Sikkim Rocketgram” from the experiment launched on 27th September 1935, flown on Rocket No. 83 “My-ona” signed by Stephen H. Smith, bearing the 2R Rocket Fee “Parcel” stamp tied by the green special cachet, with KG V 9p to pay onward postage from Gangtok to Sikkim. The reverse of the Rocketgram bears an amusing list of contents carried by the rocket. A scarce and most attractive item. Fine.
Stamp Auction No. 6
By: Todywalla auctions
Sep 27, 2014 Asia/Kolkata
Todywalla auctions Stamp Auction No. 6
Saturday Sep 27, 2014 16:00 Asia/Kolkata
Last date for bids:
27 September, 2014, online bidding ends at 1300 hrs GMT. 512 lots of choice Indian Philatelic material several rarities covering 190 years of Indian Philatelic heritage. Flat 15% Buyers Premium inclusive of all taxes. Place bids online on www.TodywallaAuctions.com
1. Lot#507, M Gandhi 1 1⁄2 Anna SERVICE on cover from Governor General of India’s office with earliest known cancellation of 17th August 1948, Extremely Rare only 11 known
2. Lot#16, 1852 1⁄2 Anna Red “Scinde Dawk”, 1st stamp of Asia, Certified, a great rarity.
3. 77 lots of British India Proofs, Essay, Specimens and Reprints from Queen Victoria to King George V.
4. Lot# 121, 1854 QV Lithograph, 4 Annas, 1st Printing, Mint, Cut to shape.
5. Lot#255, 154 QV Lithograph, 4 Annas x 2, 3rd Printing, Cut to shape, from KOTREEE to UK.
6. Lot# 3, 1825, French India, CHANDERNAGORE, pre stamp, entire with rare oval despatch stamp in black.
7. Lot#333, 1911, World’s First Official Aeroplane Mail Flight (Airmail) from Allahbad to Naini, autographed picture postcard, Rare, only 40 known.