2a (6e) 1840 2d pale blue Q Victoria,^, wmkd Small Crown, imperf, four margins, light red Maltese Cross cancel, F-VF
Scott Retail $925
Auction #124 - Specialized British Empire Public Auction
By: COLONIAL STAMP CO.
COLONIAL STAMP CO. Auction #124 - Specialized British Empire Public Auction
This Auction contains a number of important estates with many 5-figure rarities.
Highlights of the Auction:
• Great Britain is strong in exceptionally well centered 19th-Century high values and better Officials (to the £1). Cyprus starts with a #1 mint--Plate 19!
• Gold Coast weighs in with a 20/- red and green used (ex-Col. Danson and “Nashville”), this is one of only 2 known genuine examples, plus a scarce used £2. There is strong Togo to the 1M and a large Zanzibar section.
• Quite a few good New South Wales Sydney Views, nice Australian Postage Dues. Fiji “Times” 1d and 6d values, strong New Zealand “O.P.S.O.” section and the KE VII ½d green overprint error (one of only five!).
• A strong range of 19th-Century Bahamas and also nice British Guiana “Ships” and scarce provisionals, some interesting and scarce “Saints” stamps (esp. the large St. Vincent section).
• Jordan is strongly represented and we have the rare key Sudan Army Official.
• Bechuanaland ranges to the £5 and the 5/- and 10/- “Protectorate” overprints, Cameroons showcases scarce used high values, Cape shows off a 1d “wood block” error of color and the key perorated ½d on 3d overprint wmkd CC, lots of Madagascar Consulate stamps, New Britain selections of “G.R.I.”s to the 5/- on 5M, New Republic features the 1d “black”, there are important Rhodesia through the £5 overprint, used, plus a £1 perf 15 mint “Double Head”.
• Many “key” stamps of Canada including a #1 bottom right corner margin copy and choice Classics and Jubilees can be found.