1960's, Long-size airmail cover from Abu Dhabi to London bearing QE 40np on 6d tied by ''ABU DHABI TRUCIAL STATES'' cds, fine. (T) Catalog Price 70,00
28th International Auction on
By: Auktionshaus Christoph Gärtner GmbH & Co. KG
Auktionshaus Christoph Gärtner GmbH & Co. KG 28th International Auction on
The 28th auction will take place from 2nd to 7th June 2014, We offer over 27,000 auction lots – of which there are approx. 9,000 collections particularly many good opportunities and excellent items.
The quality and versatile offer comes from 1,200 consignors of all parts of the world. I would like to thank them wholeheartedly and particularly.
Apart from the main catalogues we are preparing for the first time a separate Catalogue for Postcards, of the following spectacular collections:
- Collection Bruno de Perthuis – Cartes Postales. A collection, worthy to be exhibited in a museum and showing exceptional political – satirical postcards from France from 1900 to 1914, amongst others a unique set of postcards by the well knows, famous French graphic artist and caricaturist Orens Denizard.
- The collection Dr. Heber – Camp and Local Post Stamps – A great collection of prisoner of war, internment mail and other camp post office with the emphasis on WW II. and Poland, as well as local issues.
“Special Selection” catalogues for the following 3 countries:
- Austria. Here above all the outstanding Scholz collection – special cancellations of Austria
- Egypt. Apart from many rarer items there are also good cancellations from a gold medal collection “ship- post-office”.
- Turkey. Top items and collections of the first issues “Tughra” (1863-64), the Turkish field postal service WW I. and the Angora Special Issues (1920-23), with the world rarities.
The noticeable auction highlights are:
German States – particularly also Baden, German Empire Breast Shields, Saar, French zone, army postal service postmarks, KZ and censorship post office as well as Germany corner pieces and blocks of four corner pieces, France, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Poland, Russia, Switzerland, China, India, Japan, Malayan States, Belgian the Congo and the USA. And last but not least we should mention our numismatic offer, which becomes more and more important.