Welcome to our 36th sale. This bi-annual auction comprises over NZ$1.2 million of estimates. We are honoured to feature stamps from several major collections of outstanding quality, including Hilton Dicken's estate, Peter Robertson's collection of NZ, NZ Postage Dues ex Jim Shaw, and collections and singles ex John Lovis.
• The presentation collection for former Governor General, The late Sir David Beattie (lot 123)
• 185 collections, all world, including about 50 New Zealand.
• A nice range of postal history and stationery.
• Extensive lots of Full Face Queens, about 1,500 in total.
• SG1 and the scarce 1d brown NZ wmk.
• Good range of early New Zealand to GV.
• Some good NZ decimal varieties.
• Over 180 Red & Blue Boy Healths.
• Strong NZ Life Insurance section.
• 1882 5/-, £400 QVLT Fiscals, unlisted by CP & SG.
• Over 90 lots Postage Dues
• Strong Great Britain and British Commonwealth.
• Overall the property of 175 vendors.
DOWNLOAD A PDF of the catalogue here https://www.mowbrays.co.nz/files/FE510B9E-2599-458F-B4AC-49F806847386.pdf
RECEIPT OF BIDS - Last time for receiving bids is 10am NZ time (GMT + 12) Saturday 7th March.
BUYER’S PREMIUM of 17% (plus GST on buyers premium for NZ buyers) will be added to the hammer price of each lot. (All buyers please note: no GST will be added to the hammer price of lots).
PHOTOCOPIES/SCANS OF LOTS are available on request (within reason).
PRICES IN NZ DOLLARS - NZ$1 = approx. US65c, €61c, £0.50.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS will incur at surcharge of 2% for Visa/Mastercard, and 3% for American Express.
RESERVE is 70% of estimate, and bids below this are not accepted.
UNCONDITIONAL GUARANTEE - every lot is guaranteed to match the description & be genuinely as described. Any lots found not to match our description may be returned within seven days for credit or refund.
CONDITIONS OF SALE – please view here https://www.mowbrays.co.nz/mowbray-international/conditions.html#Hbcdeghiklm_1
For any queries please email us [email protected]